Rooibos tea – tea from the red bush
Rooibos means in the exact translation the red shrub. It is a plant originating from South Africa. It reaches a height of 1.5 meters and is grown in the Cedar Mountains. It can be found in the areas which are not the best place for plants, they are known for dry summers, sandy soils, steppe flora and rain season during a winter. But the plant is native to that location so it does not need any fertilizer or high maintenance. Thanks to that Rooibos tea is completely natural.
Leaves of this plant are very thin. They are picked in the summer, chopped, sprinkled with water and fermented, then dried in the sun. Particular advantages and benefits of this drink are: lack of caffeine and tannin so everyone can drink it, even infants. It also helps with insomnia and stomach problems, but more on that subject will be later. Worth highlighting is that Rooibos tea is very high in vitamin C and many minerals and trace elements like calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, manganese, fluoride, or sodium. Some scientists, such as South African chemist Daneel Ferreira, ascribe Rooibos tea actual healing properties thanks to the high content of flavonoids, which act as antioxidants, protecting human body against harmful oxygen molecules that can be causes of diseases such as heart attack or cancer.
Rooibos teacontains no preservatives and dyes so it has the perfect, natural flavour which is sweet, mild and aromatic even after longer brewing. This tea combines the best features of black tea, fruits and herbs. In addition to great flavour it also has valuable healing properties:
– operates as colic relaxant working directly on the nervous system.
– stimulates milk production for breastfeeding women
– helps with stomach problems such as diarrhea, constipation etc.
– supports healing allergies and asthma
– helps in healing skin conditions such as acne and heals external, hard to heal wounds (then has to be used as an external poultice).
– soothes headaches, insomnia, irritation, pressure jumps etc
– is a calming drink
– supports metabolism and is low in calories which helps with slimming treatments
– strengthens the immune system and slows the aging process
– due to the high content of trace elements is beneficial for teeth, bones and skin
– does not contain caffeine – can be drunk by people suffering from kidney disorder.
Rooibos tea can be drunk throughout the day. In the morning to stimulate the body, during the day to quench their thirst and in the evening to calm, relax and sleep better.
Rooibos tea brewing instructions:
Warm up a teapot, pour hot boiling water and leave to infuse for u to 5 minutes. Rooibos tea should be brewed in the proportions of 1 bag or teaspoon to 1 cup. If you prefer you can sweeten it with honey (remember not to use sugar) and drink it both hot or cold.
If you are interested to purchase rooibos tea products, click here —> Rooibos Tea
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. And these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.