Rooibos, commonly known as red bush, is a common plant grown in South Africa. The leaves of this plant are used to make herbal tea which is known as rooibos tea or red bush tea. The plant grows in the Western Cape Province in the South African Cedarberg Mountains. By and large, the leaves of this plant are oxidized and fermented just like normal black tea. However, rooibos tea is devoid of caffeine and has a very low level of tannin unlike regular tea and coffee. Roobois tea is gaining popularity among tea lovers due to its numerous benefits. In addition, the tea helps one obtain relief from stress. If you are suffering from irritability and insomnia, drinking rooibos tea can be a natural remedy for you. If you want to know more about the other health benefits of roobois tea, then here is a list of roobois tea health benefits. Just keep reading through the next sections to get to know more.
Health Benefits Of Rooibos Tea
- Rooibos teais loaded with antioxidants like ‘aspalathin’ and ‘nothofagin’. Plus, the tea lacks caffeine and is low in tannin levels compared to fully oxidized black tea or un-oxidized green tea leaves. For this reason, rooibos is becoming a popular beverage, particularly among health conscious tea lovers.
- This tea is particularly recommended to people who are suffering from insomnia. Having a cup of rooibos tea before bedtime helps one have a good sound sleep.
- Rooibos tea is recommended for those who wish to reduce the amount of caffeine and tannin from other beverages.
- Rooibos tea is loaded with polyphenols which has an anti carcinogenic and anti mutagenic property. Thus, drinking rooibos tea regularly reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- This tea also has anti inflammatory and anti viral properties.
- This tea is packed with high levels of calcium, fluoride, and manganese that help build strong bones and teeth.
- Rooibos tea has a healing effect and soothes irritability, headaches and disturbed sleeping patterns.
- Rooibos tea has anti spasmodic properties and is thus beneficial in reducing stomach spasms and colic in infants.
- Rooibos tea is full of hydroxy-acid and zinc that promotes healthy glowing skin. If you are suffering from acne, eczema, sunburn, or other similar skin problems, then apply rooibos tea leaves directly on the affected areas of the skin. The healing properties of these tea leaves will soon be visible.
- If you are suffering from kidney stones, you can safely drink rooibos tea as it has no oxalic acid content at all.
- This tea is rich in zinc, copper, magnesium, potassium, and manganese that prop up good health.
- You can sip the tea at any time of the day. Rooibos tea is perfect as bed tea, a thirst quencher, as well as a bedtime tea that helps you lighten up and sleep well.
- If your baby has a diaper rash or if your skin is itching, apply rooibos tea to soothe the affected skin areas.
- This tea helps absorb iron and protein as it is devoid of tannin which reduces the rate of iron and protein incorporation in the body.
Now that you are up to date with rooibos tea benefits, you may want to consider substituting your much loved beverage with rooibos tea to enjoy such vast health paybacks.
If you are interested to purchase rooibos tea products, click here —> Rooibos Tea
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. And these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.